[Magdalen] Two questions for the assembled multitude

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 02:34:11 UTC 2016

In a message dated 11/28/2016 9:22:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Solemn  Mass ceremonial, and he gets to start
with something we haven't even  discussed--a solemn procession." Glad
he got to start with the Mass we  practiced>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Does the new sub-deacon also serve as cantor for the Litany?

When I served as processional sub-deacon at Saint Paul's on-the-Hill,
I always served as Litany cantor.  A variation on that theme was  what
they preferred both at Christ the King in Frankfurt/M, Germany, and
Christ Church Cathedral, Eau Claire.  That involved my serving as  Litany
cantor kneeling at a prayer desk at the base of the sanctuary while  the
choir processed (Eau Claire) or the choir remained stationary in the
rear gallery.

Don't ask me to make any sense out of this.  I just do what I'm  told!

David S.