[Magdalen] Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:28:21 UTC 2016

in re roasted chestnuts - a friend made some for me last year and they were
tasty (my first experience, having wondered/yearned to try them since I was
a kid in downtown Detroit at the Thanksgiving Parade!) but not something I'd
eat on a regular/seasonal basis.

OTOH...

There is an amazing dessert made from ground up chestnuts and sugar and
cream called Mt. Blanc  - same friend who made the roasted chestnuts made it
one year for Christmas dessert. The chestnut mixture is forced through a
potato ricer while slowly turning the plate underneath, creating spaghetti
noodle appearance shaped like the top of  soft-serve ice cream, with a
generous dollop of real whipped cream on top (it looks like a snow covered
mountain, hence the name). This is amazing and fun to serve as it is so
interesting and delicious.

Lynn

ps. always loved the Christmas song mentioned in the subject line!!! It
brings back memories from 60 years ago, these days!! : )

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr