[Magdalen] Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:48:30 UTC 2016

In this season grocery stores hereabouts stock chestnuts in large baskets
and even in open barrels. I actually own a special small knife to score
them.

One of my early memories is sitting in a high chair watching my mother &
grandmother roasting chestnuts on top of a cast iron stove, blowing on
their fingers as they shucked them. I was in a high chair, and they gave me
broken bits to taste.

And so I adore them :-)
-M

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016, Lynn Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com