[Magdalen] New rector at my first Episcopal parish

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:10:00 UTC 2016

My former spiritual directee, who will be ordained priest on the 10th, was given the title Rector when he was called to his current parish. I teased him about using that term, assuming he was, at most, Deacon-in-Charge. But he said no, his contract was intentionally written that way, and he was, in fact, the rector. From what he told me about the parish when he got there, I think the bishop wanted his authority to be clear. He has, of course, had a supply priest as celebrant since he's been there.