[Magdalen] Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Wed Nov 30 02:55:10 UTC 2016

On 11/29/16 3:43 PM, Jay Weigel wrote:
> And we in our house are appalled by sweet potatoes gussied up with sugar,
> nuts, marshmallows, or any other such sweet yuckiness. The only way in
> which we will accept them sweetened is in sweet potato pie, which we place
> in the same category as pumpkin. Otherwise it's savory all the way. Last
> night our burgers were accompanied by sweet potato fries with Tony
> Chachere's seasoning. Yum!
>
> Chacon a son gout.

I like them any way I get them.  They're pretty sweet even with nothing
sweet added.  I clipped a recipe from the paper, though, that had them
seriously savory, like a sort of stew combined with onions and such.  I
do intend to try it at least once, strange as it sounded.  I have the
sweet potatoes, now I have to find the clipping again in my mass of
paper...  :o(

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net