[Magdalen] Another "worthless" food.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 01:18:23 UTC 2016

In a message dated 9/30/2016 4:50:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:

​We have  a neighboring black walnut.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

White Walnut trees (Juglans cinerea) don't seem to have that
poisoned soil side effect, and the wood is nearly the same as
Black Walnut.  The common name for White Walnut is Butternut.

We had a large Butternut at our lake property that had to come out
because of a driveway problem, and I had the local woodcarver
guy make a 2' x 3' sign for the front door out of it. He used the  old
German Fraktur script for the name, and it's quite fine.

David S.