[Magdalen] Another "worthless" food.

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 19:07:31 UTC 2016

I would love either, especially the lemon!

My long-gone aunt used to make candied grapefruit peel.  It was the
biggest treat ever when a  box would arrive for my birthday or
Christmas..  My Grandma Marion, back in the Fifties, used to make
peppermint patties, somehow fashioned from mashed potatoes, icing sugar,
and flavouring, finished with a  criss-cross patterned top.

Marion, a pilgrim