[Magdalen] Another "worthless" food.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Oct 2 20:40:13 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/2/2016 3:09:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
polycarpa3 at ckt.net writes:

I got  several hundred dollars from some  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
40 years ago -

I had my "wild 80 (acres) in Wisconsin which was mostly
covered with mature 80' - 100' Eastern White Pines (Pinus
strobus) and Red/Norway Pines (Pinus resinosa).  They were
awfully crowded, and I had an expert lumber guy look at them.
He arranged for a very talented lumberman who cut out
$8,000 worth of trees with amazing surgical precision.  there
is a good market for such pine, and when stained well is
virtually identical with Western Red Cedar which is double the
cost.

It was an unexpected bonanza back at a time when I was putting
two children through college.

I should hasten to add that this was not a virgin pine stand, but
rather a fine second growth grove.

David S.