[Magdalen] Another "worthless" food.

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 23:06:21 UTC 2016

I know it's easy, but have never felt moved to make it.  It was HER
treat.  These days I would pick up the sweet and maybe a hint of some
form of tart.  If it were presented to me I would surely eat it with
enthusiasm if not direct enjoyment because I know what it should taste
like.  Like this bag of potato chips -- pure imagination and the
saltiness -- and the glass of rosé  -- its vague sweetness and
smoothness.  Pickles are good because of the tang of vinegar and other
basic notes and mouth feel, always mouth feel.  Imagination and memory rule!

Marion, a pilgrim