[Magdalen] this morning's sermon

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:03:29 UTC 2016

[Tangent]

We celebrated Michaelmas this Sunday (our patronal feast), so Fr.
Patrick Raymond, priest-in-charge, preached about angels.

He told a moving (to me and many) story about visiting an elderly
parishioner in hospital and being told the other lady in her shared
room had died the night before. Apparently no friends or family were
present. He expressed regret that she had "died alone." His
parishioner said, "I didn't say she was alone. The first angel arrived
about midnight. Soon there were hundreds of them. Then all of a sudden
they were gone, and so was Dorothy."

A moment of delirium? Effects of medication? Or "May flights of angels..."?

He said a lot more than that, but I loved the story.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA