[Magdalen] Sibling Rivalry.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 19:13:20 UTC 2016

My son, wife, and grand daughter just returned from a trip to
Germany.  There was much nostalgia for son, Kirk, as he had
spent nearly four years (age 4-9) in US Military grade schools
there, and pretty well covered the country on our family vacation
("leave") trips.  He spoke fluent German.

A favorite area for us when we lived in Frankfurt/M was Bavaria.
It still is.  Part of his tour included a visit to the Chateaux  of
Ludwig II - the "Mad King" - of Bavaria.  Smallest of these, but
one of the loveliest, is Linderhof near Oberammergau.

There are some elaborate but mountain spring fed pools at the
back of the Chateau, and my daughter, Wendy, acting silly as
children do, managed to fall in the largest of these ice cold pools.

Wendy was cold, wet and mortified.  Kirk was warm, dry, and
delirious.

This week we all got old pictures, of Wendy wringing wet,
and new pictures of Kirk laughing it up a few days ago on the  edge
                  of the infamous pool.

It was a reminder of a funny event, but also that those tensions
among sibs never go away entirely.

David S.