[Magdalen] interesting article

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:54:39 UTC 2016

It is interesting that the event was intended to mirror the sending of
Augustine to the English in 595. From the same church, nineteen pairs of
bishops, one RCC and one Anglican, were sent out to preach the Gospel.

The pairs of bishops are interesting to read. In some cases, the dioceses
appear to be identical, which would obviously facilitate further
interaction once they get home. In other cases, the names are quite
different. The paired bishops in the USA are from Baltimore and Tennessee,
which is closer than Tallahassee and Seattle, but still pretty distant.
Some of the other pairings seem quite distant as well.

And I am chagrined that I cannot spell Tallahassee, Tennessee, or Seattle.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford