[Magdalen] Spanish Royaly.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 15:09:35 UTC 2016

I was sorting through some slides taken at Granada, Spain, years ago.   They
are mostly of the Alhambra, but the Chapel Royal there contains the tombs
of
Ferdinand II & Isabella I

I remembered that for Isabella, the greatest achievement of her reign  was
the driving of the Moors out of Spain.  However, she still bankrolled  the
European discovery of American via Columbus' voyages, and also by her
marriage to Ferdinand, united Aragon and Castille into what we now  call
Spain.

Seeing the tabulation of the rulers of the multiple sections that make  up
modern Spain, I am bewildered by the complexity of the royal family
tree which I think surpasses that of England.  US history is a breeze
by comparison.  The Bourbons and the Hapsburgs are in the mix,  too.

David S.