[Magdalen] Multiply married clergy (was Re: Lasted a little longer...)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Oct 12 19:30:24 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/11/2016 11:25:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
susanvhagen at gmail.com writes:

Our  rector just married for the third time.  I didn't hear that there
was  any trouble about it.  The wedding was in Texas where his  wife's
family lives but they had a blessing of their vows during our  Sunday
service and a nice reception  afterwards.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Christ Church Cathedral EC had a real mess with the Dean in the '80's
who was married with two children, and whose wife was O/C at the
Cathedral.  The dean had an affair with the married daughter of  one
of the deacons.  He resigned, there was divorce, and the  Cathedral
parish was stuck dead in the water.

The resigned Dean, a strikingly handsome man, remarried and has
finished out his profession in another part of the USA.

David S.