[Magdalen] The Exorcist at Ascension Chicago

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 18:55:54 UTC 2016

One summer morning (maybe forty years ago) I walked down to Charles St. to
discover all the parking spaces filled with cars of the 1920s and the whole
place heavily dusted with ivory flakes. Looked just like snow in the movie.

We got caught in traffic in the filming of Black Mass in Cambridge. They'd
redone the Portuguese American Club in East Cambridge to appear in the
movie as a dive bar in Southie (not much of a challenge, TTTT). East
Cambridge is a great neighborhood and all the locals had brought folding
chairs to watch the filming. And there they all were, lining the narrow
sidewalks, craning for a peek at Johnny Depp.

One night (when we lived at 77 Joy St., the best address ever) I was
awakened by gunfire at 2 am. They were filming a movie right across the
street. An hour later, screaming tires and more gunfire. That movie never
even got released! Our suffering for naught.
-M