[Magdalen] Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:49:15 UTC 2016

What a horror!

Our power companies pro-actively take down trees here in Virginia as
well. We are at the far end of a long access power line (3/4 mile) put
up by our local electrical coop - we've been very fortunate to have
lost power only about 10 times for a total under 30 days in the past
25 years. The longest power outage was after the derecho storm in June
2012. As we have no medical emergencies, and now have (I think?) 2
houses on the access line, we are low on the priority list so we wait
our turn for power restoration.

We planted our dawn redwoods well away from the power lines. They are
beautiful trees! The one next to our pond is especially majestic. Ours
are 25 years old and about 70' tall.

Sympathetic to your and your father's plight of lost magnificent trees,

Cady