[Magdalen] DT reads

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 03:37:58 UTC 2016

Scott,

Interesting that you are reading Derek Olsen's new book. He and I were at
the same conference site in Minnesota two weeks ago. The Joint Standing
Committee on Nominations, on which I serve, was one of a half dozen or so
groups meeting concurrently. The General Convention office has made a real
effort this triennium to have committees, commissions, and task forces
(interim bodies as they are known) meet together to achieve some economies
of scale and also to allow sharing between groups. Derek reminded me that
we had known each other previously when his wife Meredith, now a priest,
was a seminarian and interned at my parish. While Derek and I were doing
our work on behalf of TEC Meredith was also away at the meeting of the
Society of Catholic Priests in Atlanta.

--

Christopher Hart