[Magdalen] DT reads

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 16:39:15 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/23/2016 12:13:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
polycarpa3 at ckt.net writes:

ObAng:  Martin Luther King, Jr. is a TEC "Saint" (April  2), and
Belafonte quotes an amazingly "prophetic" passage from his last  public
speech, delivered hours before his  death.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When my family lived in Germany, a nice weekend exploration
was often an in depth look at one of the "Rhinish Romanesque  Triumvirate"
(Mainz, Speyer, and Worms Cathedrals.

At Worms nearly all the monastic buildings are gone, and only the
Cathedral remains.  However, there is a large stone plaque in  the
ruins of the monastery with the inscription in German, "Here stood
Martin Luther before God and country" (in the Diet of Worms, 1521).

My daughter, Wendy, who read the German with ease burst out
with, "But Daddy, don't they mean Martin Luther King?"

David S.