[Magdalen] Life's blessings

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:22:32 UTC 2016

The last day or so has brought news of deaths, some closer than others,
one being our student spiritual adviser at Trinity, a fine elderly man
who was firmly in my corner and even wrote to the Bishop to protest my
rejection.  Anyway,   these things raise the ghosts.  So this morning
seeing on FB that a classmate will be an assessor at ACPO pressed my
buttons, even as I was lifting her in prayer.  I have an awful lot of
unfinished business tucked away behind my defences and this one got past me.

What a blessing then, to be toddling along to the Rectory for Morning
Prayer, a new introduction, just the three of us at this point, and
HAVING to carry on regardless of snotty nose and tears which overflowed
unbidden.  The best medicine.   I am beyond grateful for the presence of
our priest and his partner, and the twist in life that has brought me to
this.

Marion, a pilgrim   ... todayt my sail I lift ....