[Magdalen] Something new!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 20:12:35 UTC 2016

In a message dated 10/25/2016 2:53:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

I forgot  to tip the movers who moved our stuff into this apartment
(from our  downtown one in 2004) and felt terrible about it for a week.
Apparently  tipping movers is also fairly optional, but
still...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When we closed out our large apartment provided by the Army
in Frankfurt/M, Germany, we were told that the cleanup crew (German
nationals) was not to be tipped, but that it would be appropriate and
helpful for us to make a case of beer (Binding Bier - "Das  Schmeckt!")
available to the workers, all burly, sweaty types.  The three of  them
polished off a case (I think it was 24 bottles) and did a wonderful job  of
cleaning out the apartment.  The BO left behind was another  story!

It was a lovely apartment, with separate dining room, living room,
large bathroom and three bedrooms, complete with beautiful oak
parquet floors except in kitchen in bathroom (tiles).  With our
mixture of Danish teak and Bauhaus furnishings, it was lovely.
I'm sure it was a step above the BOQ.

David S.