[Magdalen] Something new!

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 21:16:45 UTC 2016

Many years ago, some friends who lived in the wilds of Cocke County, TN, on
a mountain with a commanding view of considerable distance, celebrated the
installation of their new outhouse with a party to which all friends were
invited. It was a memorable party, and many jokes, comments, and stories
were exchanged of the period prior to the building of said convenience,
which was installed at the insistence of the wife of the couple, who was
expecting their second baby and said she'd be damned if she'd spend a
winter going outside and, as she put it, "taking her chances with the
dogs". She had also fought for a door on it, and had won that battle too,
though there was a fine view from the seat. She told her husband that he
could leave the door open if he wanted to but she liked her privacy.

In any case, it was a great party. And a good sturdy outhouse, too.