[Magdalen] All souls/All Saints...

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 22:52:44 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> In a message dated 10/24/2016 10:39:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:
>

> ​That's the call for the first formation for saluting the flag  as  it's
> raised.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> In the US Army Medical Corps we were spared most of this
> military formality.  It always made me a bit nervous when I  would
> be saluted (I was a Major) outside the hospital.  On one  occasion
> I emerged from the hospital just as (is it?) taps was being played
> through a loud speaker as the hospital flag was lowered.  I  failed
> to notice this was going on and almost got arrested by the MP's,
> both of whom were my patients.
>

>   If we ignored this, we would have probably had an unpleasant interview
with the Colonel.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted