[Magdalen] From Sheila Ketler to Anglican Music-- cross-post by Sibyl

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Fri Sep 2 18:24:18 UTC 2016

I can't remember anything Sheila might have done to to get banned from
here, so maybe Barracuda is having cyberconniptions again.

*************
Hi everyone
I was trying to send email on Magdalen but it keeps bouncing back at
me... So we now have
had another happy development here...
As if it isn't enough that I will shortly be out of a job someone
vandalized my vehicle which
was parked across the street from my house. They put garbage and debris
in my gas tank -
well it is in the place where you put the hose to put the gas in? no
idea what you call that!
This morning my husband noticed that across the street a car parked
there now has two
flat tires... I have no idea what is going on in this part of the city
but it is not good...
I really have had enough of this garbage in my life... and I am getting
very very upset...
No idea of the cost of repairs - car had to be towed to the repair shop
and mechanic can't work
on it until an insurance adjuster takes a look at it... Mechanic took
photographs of what he found
when he took off the gas cap (we will now get a locking gas cap... that
is if the car can be
repaired which we are unsure of at the moment...)
Husband phoned the insurance right away yesterday and claim was
started... I had to do a police
report which was online as they would not send out an officer because we
have no witnesses
to the vandalism and no suspects either...
In your graciousness please offer prayers that I get through this... and
I have to get the rental
car as I need to practice the music and play a service on Sunday and we
were going out to
celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary and I don't feel like celebrating
anything right now...

Sheila

*********************************

Hi everyone
I am in the position where I may be out of a job shortly - not sure when
this will be however
but I am thinking after the beginning of the year??
So I was going to stay until the parish closes thinking I would not look
for an organist
position. However one of the former rectors that I know has emailed me
to tell me that
a church locally is looking for an organist - he has heard this not sure
if it is true or not -
church has a lovely pipe organ and a piano also. He suggests I look into
it - I had emailed
him a couple of months ago asking him to let me know if he hears of a
job and I know
he is active within the deanery and it is most likely true.
So what do I actually do? This church is a bit of a drive for me - at
least 20 minutes
drive away from here... I worked in that city a few years ago and
managed to get
to that city without any problems but I no longer have a second driver
in the house
and we only have one car.
I am weighing up the pros and the cons and trying to decide if I should
contact the rector
and I don't want my boss to find out that I know of a job opening...

Any advice?

I guess I can look at the church website see who is there etc. etc.

Sheila