[Magdalen] Outreach.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Sep 3 20:21:58 UTC 2016

Because my daughter graduated from a private high school, I get the
Alumni Magazine of Shattuck/St. Mary's in Faribault, MN, a city in  the
SE portion of the state which has strong Episcopal connections being
the location of the (Co) Cathedral of Our Merciful Savior, and  previous
location of Western Theological Seminary that eventually joined with
Seabury to form the now disbanded Seabury-Western Seminary.

I was surprised that this school has had a branch in Beijing, China
for several years, and this year graduated a class of 52 boys and  girls,
all of whom are going to North American universities.  They are,  not
surprisingly, all East Asians.  The school is planning on other  branches
in China.

The MN campus graduated 72 this year, and I note from the graduation
picture that there is a heavy presence of East Asians and East  Indians,
not surprisingly.  There is 100% college orientation for this class,  too.

The expansion is a surprise, but I guess along with McDonald's, we
can well export something more worthwhile.

David S.