[Magdalen] Coffee Cups vs Wine Glasses

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:45:09 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone holding their wine glass by the stem looks really, really affected.

I suppose if one is taking part in a formal, important, grown-up wine
tasting, there might be a reason to hold glasses by the stem in order
to experience each wine at the same temperature, or at a specific
temperature achieved for each type of wine (probably colder for whites
than reds). Or if I were rich and had a precisely calibrated wine
cellar or cooler and wanted my wine to be that temperature, I'd hold
the stem. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA