[Magdalen] G-C-E-A

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 08:56:27 UTC 2016

Sympathies...

We would have dreadful problems here if we didn't regularly treat the pets.
We take a month or so off in winter but have get started, well, round about
now.

Dogs are getting some stuff that looks and tastes like a dog treat,
monthly. Biggest challenge is stopping them from fighting over the flea
stuff and grabbing the other's dog's dose, as it's so delicious.

But the cats...that's another story. Our vet said she didn't think they
would be able to make an oral treatment for cats because their metabolisms
are too high. So we use the "spot on" stuff that goes between their
shoulder blades, or in Topazu's case, back of her neck as she seems able to
lick between her shoulder blades.

They really hate it of course and it usually takes two of us to get the
stuff on them. You have to be quick: as soon as the liquid hits their skin,
they "go all spiky" as my son puts it and the game's up.

We also found, after one particularly bad infestation, that the
environmental spray "Flea-Go" (big green canister) was very effective. We
sprayed pet beds, rugs and even the kids' beds as well as chairs where cats
like to sleep.

With the spot on stuff, we alternate between Advantage, Revolution, and
some other alternative whose name I can't remember. It goes on about every
six weeks.

Time to get started with all that again as the weather warms up

Sally D