[Magdalen] Philiowhy? - Re: Philiioque

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 20:12:52 UTC 2016

In a message dated 9/13/2016 3:41:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wmmah at stoneledge.net writes:

I don't  know what branches of the Orthodox Church the funny
old guys with long  beards and crowns were from but there were a bunch of
them in the  procession.  I thought it very  exotic.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is that infamous picture of a "catholic" congress sponsored by
the Episcopal Diocese of Fond du Lac.  It shows 25 or  so assembled
Episcopal bishops all in copes & mitres, which in itself was a  shock
to much of TEC in 1922(?), but also has a number of crowned Orthodox
in the picture, including the bishop who later became Saint Tikhon.

The OCA has rued that day and picture ever since.

David S.