[Magdalen] Drum roll for the new One Book, One Chicago selection...

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:47:24 UTC 2016

Anyone read it? I hope to soon. I never made it through the previous
one: The <Something Something> Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. Good
book; I'm too slow. I'll try again with this one.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
by Barbara Kingsolver
is the 27th selection for
One Book, One Chicago.
This year's program explores the theme
Eat Think Grow.

Since its release in May 2007, Animal Vegetable, Miracle has helped
launch a modern transition in America’s attitudes toward food. In this
lively account of a family’s year of eating locally on their farm in
Southern Appalachia, Barbara Kingsolver and her coauthors unearth the
secret lives of vegetables and the unexpected satisfactions of knowing
their food producers — and sometimes their dinner — on a first-name
basis.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA