[Magdalen] Cruz on Trump

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 20:07:05 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Roger Stokes
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I thought that the current President has great difficulty getting things
> through Congres and the whole system is in stalemate.  It would help if
> Congree did its proper jon of looking at what (and who) the President
> proposes and having a reasoned debates on the merits of the proposal.

That would require a fair-mindedness and a let's-get-things-done
attitude, where too often these days it's a
let's-thwart-the-president-at-every-turn one. It seems normal that the
president should have to "sell" proposed bills to the Congress, but
what doesn't seem right to me is the completely partisan stonewalling.

Watching the UK government and elections makes me think the
parliamentary system is set up to create a government that can
accomplish things, whether by a party ruling in its own right or a
coalition. Our two-party system has become a stalemate machine.
Somewhat analogous to your roundabouts and our traffic signals: your
traffic system is set up for flow; ours is set up for slowing and
stopping. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA