[Magdalen] Greetings from Montreal

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Mon Sep 26 14:32:25 UTC 2016

I've been to London to visit the…sorry, to visit my aunt (she and her
two adult children each live in London) and it was there that we
travelled to make my final visit with my grandmother (who lived there
for the final few years of her life).

I also was there once in my politically active days, for a provincial
convention of the party I then supported (but lived to regret supporting
quite quickly). And I auditioned when I applied to go to the University
of Western Ontario (which is in London).

We drove to Storybook Gardens in a limo (my aunt's ex being a limo
driver). And on one of my visits (probably the audition one, since that
visit held the possibility that I might move there for college), I went
to church with Anglican friends of my aunt at St Paul's Cathedral.

Getting back to Montreal, Heather and I visited it with her daughter the
last time we were in Canada: and I know that she has said that she could
imagine living there. I'm not sure that would be realistic. I know that
I had enough French that I would be fine, once I knocked the rust off of
it. And…there are political factors that I am not sure about: I don't
think another referendum is imminent, but I am fairly certain that
another one will be held within my lifetime. And I am not sure I would
want to live with that uncertainty (coincidentally, my mother was
studying in Montreal at the time of the 1995 referendum).

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins
  kristin at verumsolum.com