[Magdalen] Arnie Palmer has died

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:57:56 UTC 2016

The kid from Latrobe, as we liked to call him*, has died. He was a
distinguished gentleman of the golf world.  Nobody seems to have not liked
him.
He consistently attracted a large following at tournaments. The group that
kept following him from hole to hole was dubbed Arnie's Army.
He was eighty seven, had a long, distinguished life, and few regrets.
Think about him and the next time you're at a bar, order a tall "Arnold
Palmer" in happy memory of a truly good guy.

*I was born and raised in Butler, Pennsylvania, practically a stone's throw
from Latrobe. (Well, you might need the mother of all drivers to get there
from here, but we felt like we knew him. [The Driver is the golf club with
generally the longest range])

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford