[Magdalen] Mail-in, digital voting; was Cruz on Trump.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 26 23:32:11 UTC 2016

On 26/09/2016 19:32, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> We're voting via absentee ballot.  They don't make it particularly  easy
> here in Pennsylvania.
>
> We have to request ballots, and then there is a fairly detailed  application
> in the mail which has to be filled out for every election.  You'd  think
> some of this stuff could be stored electronically, but it isn't.
>
> Then we wait for the ballots to come in the mail.  They must be
> returned via a special double envelope and mailed back before
> the deadline, usually a week or more before the election date.

Restrictions on in-person voting are allegedly to counter the
(effectively non-existent) fraud in in-person voting.  Postal ballots
are much more prone to fraud and intinidation.  The administrative
hurdles you mention present a similar restriction by discouraging those
who do not have the time and persistence to apply every time for an
absentee ballot.

Roger