[Magdalen] Da Debate.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:47:36 UTC 2016

We don't have as many propositions as California does, and ours are
generally not considered binding but only advisory. Our giant ballots
are the result of dozens of judgeships. On each of these we have to
vote Yes to let them keep their jobs or No to oust them. The various
bar associations and other interested groups publish guides as to
which ones are the stinkers and need a No vote. But I believe 60% of
those voting on a judgeship must vote No for the judge to be sacked.
It almost never happens. I usually vote No on all of them, both as a
way to move each judge one step closer to the removal that probably
won't happen, and as a protest against this whole setup.

Most people do no research on the judges, and I've seen articles about
how voters tend to vote Yes most often for judges with surnames that
appear to be Irish. So it behooves a judge to have his name changed to
Patrick O'Brien or her name changed to Mary O'Shaughnessy. :)  Or
Aoife O'Boyle.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA