[Magdalen] Down, or busy?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 16:07:10 UTC 2016

David, since retiring from nursing (not entirely of my own volition, but
due to first, difficulty in finding a job up here and second, after my
multiple surgeries in 2012) I have become a full-time jewelry designer. My
S/O aids and abets this by providing me with many cool stones. He is also a
part-time purveyor of slabs of said stone, for which he obtains the chunks
of rough material and slices them on his very own slab saw. He is pretty
good at cutting and polishing cabochons of various varieties, although he
doesn't have the time he'd like for that. Since he is still working
full-time as a computer systems engineer, we aren't able to do as many as
we'd like but we do sell our wares at (currently) two gem and mineral shows
in the fall, one our club show and the other a club show in Kingsport, TN.
I also sell my jewelry through my Facebook page (
https://www.facebook.com/agqdesign/?ref=bookmarks) and  I have a website
agqdesign.com which is more or less explanatory but not a sales point. I'm
a member of an artist co-op in Harrisonburg, Oasis Fine Arts and Crafts,
and sell through them.

Anyway, we're looking for a show to do in the spring as the Kingsport club
show is currently on a wee bit of a precarious footing. It's essentially a
one-man operation that we do as a favor to a friend there and we've always
had a good outcome, but if it collapses we need another outlet.