[Magdalen] Prayer Request, RIP John White and prayers for Brooke

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 16:04:31 UTC 2017

My friend Brooke White's husband John died at 4:30 am today. It has been a
long hard journey for them for the past two years since John's heart attack
and open heart surgery. He really never recovered well and finally only
came home from the VA nursing home a couple of weeks ago....only to get
sick again last week and be rushed to the hospital.

I've known Brooke and John for 30+ years. We were members of the same
church. John was a big, taciturn sort of guy who I never knew very well. I
only found out in more recent years that he was a Vietnam veteran who was
severely affected by Agent Orange which caused him to have serious health
problems, many of them affecting his lungs and liver. Brooke is the kind of
person we all know from church, the one who does the jobs no one else will.
She's also tough and vocal and a fighter. But in the last 3 years she has
lost her two older children, a daughter to a misdiagnosed and poorly
treated respiratory illness and a son to a drug overdose, and now her
husband. She will need a lot of prayer going forward. She has one married
daughter left and a big house to deal with.