[Magdalen] Quiet

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Mon Apr 3 19:22:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> That's one of the wildest things about Houston. You can be meandering
> through a winding residential street and suddenly there's a car wash,
> or a bank branch. Lots of stretches where there are miles of strip
> malls, too, in various states of vacancy and viability. And then there
> are really gorgeous areas as well. Just jarring sometimes the way
> things are put together.

It used to be argued among urban planners and the like that one could not
from an overhead plane see the difference between Houston with its lack of
zoning and other cities that did have it.

I have not traveled among such folk for many years.  In fact, I think the
last time I rubbed up against an urban planner was in Houston 50 years ago.

Mike M.