[Magdalen] Weather

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Wed Apr 5 23:48:58 UTC 2017

Scott, when you have a Tornado WARNING, that's not just "should follow a
good example", that's just stupid! The tornado may be coming from the
side of the building that your windows don't have a view of.  The
"closet" (small interior room with _no windows_ on the first floor of
the building)(could also be a hallway) is the basic standard, repeated
by the Weatheradio and the media over and over, when you don't have a
shelter.
   When I first saw Dan's post, just by accident, almost as soon as it
came in, I immediately went to my radar (he and I share the same NOAA
radar, Springfield, MO), but the thunderous computer-shut-down part of
the line of storms had already passed me (Springfield is 80 miles
slightly to the N of E of me, these lines of storms almost always move
basically East in this country), and Harrison had one Tornado Warning
blocked out to the north, and another to the south, both in his county,
and it's uncertain when the things might turn.
    When The Big One put Joplin through the meat grinder, a person I
knew and her husband heard the sirens and headed for their bedroom
closet (she'd been in the front yard setting out bedding plants in a
flower bed).  When they came out of it, the whole wall on the living
room side of the house was just gone.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net