[Magdalen] Easter Vigil.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Apr 7 04:08:44 UTC 2017

In a message dated 4/6/2017 1:33:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wmmah at stoneledge.net writes:

It could  not have been much later that 1954 when I, a pious young
acolyte,>>>>>

If your parish had observance of the Easter Vigil in 1954 it must
have been a very enlightened forward thinking parish.  I was a
certifiable "sacristy rat" in the 1950's and 1960's, and where I was
in the "Biretta Belt" no less, no parish had the Easter Vigil.   For
example, I was a communicant of Saint Francis House, Madison, WI
in the late 50's, then in Frankfurt/M, Germany in the late 60's,
Christ Cathedral, Eau Claire, WI in the 1970's, and then the
local (PA) Procathedral.  None of them had Easter Vigils until
much later, some starting as late as 1990.

David S.