[Magdalen] Easter Vigil.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 8 23:13:36 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----

There are a number of places that have Ecumenical Tre Ore or abbreviated versions. I participated in a few when I still was in Chicago and they were still going on when I was the music director at St. John Vianney because I participated in them. ONe year I sang the Simeron Kremate in English in a very difficult Byzantine Chant that I rehearsed for a long time. I used it for Stations on Good Friday at St. John's. It was edited by a colleague in England who had since died, but his arrangements were wonderful. I sold him some of my Byzantine Chant volumes. I think the web site is still open Anastasis but it doesn't have his music anymore and I have misplaced my copy. It would be nice to use at St. John's Melkite but I am just a cantor there when noone else shows up. It would be a classic act of effrontery for me to volunteer to sing it because I am not a regular and lots of people might be offended although some might like it

However Simeron Krimate always went over well whenever I sang it (after much preparation--it is one of the most difficult pieces of music I have ever sung )