[Magdalen] RIP Dorothy Mengering, 95.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 13 05:07:38 UTC 2017

>>>I saw one headline about her death under the banner, "Letterman  Endures
Great Tragedy."  Actually, what a long, wonderful life for this lady,  and
her life to 95 should be looked upon as a triumph and blessing  rather
than a great tragedy IMHO.<<<

Said banner is, of course, a bit over the top.  A much-beloved lady reaches the venerable age of 95, and her death is a "tragedy"?  Well, one must consider how old Dave is, and how long he's had that wonderful lady in his life.  Whenever "my Mom, Dorothy!", Dave's "Special Correspondent" on the field, was featured, Anna and I would whoop and holler, we thought her so great.