[Magdalen] Where is home? (was Re: RIP Dorothy Mengering, 95.)

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 02:14:07 UTC 2017

Never mind, Roger. You are making this about something else. My comment
goes back to something you may not even remember, if you ever knew it. It
was Peanuts strip, or maybe it was even one of the specials, where Charlie
Brown was talking about riding in the back seat of the car and going to
sleep and feeling safe because your mom and dad were in the front seat, and
how growing up was about losing that feeling. My comment was meant
something like that. When your mom and dad are gone, you just know you
can't go home again, wherever home feels like it is. For me, and I suspect
for a lot of us, there is a feeling that as long as at least one parent is
alive, your inner child can go "home", wherever that may be. Once your
parents are gone, you can't go there any more. I can't explain it any
better than that. Those who didn't have a good relationship with their
parents won't understand that, perhaps, or won't have that feeling, and I'm
sorry for them. I was homeless for awhile, but now my home is wherever my
S/O is.