[Magdalen] For those interested / affected: SNL truly live tonight.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 16 01:36:14 UTC 2017

>>>ot that coast-to-coast live is an earth-shaking innovation, but it is
odd in that it's so early for West Coast viewers. But I would bet most
SNL viewers have always assumed they're watching as it
happens...usually it's live only in Eastern and Central time zones.
Tonight it's live for everyone.<<<

SNL's incentive is, of course, obvious:  the most lucrative season ever, material-wise.  They simply wanted to share.  (And increase end-of-season ratings, obviously.)

And the "all news" things has, of course, happened again, and truly successfully.  Minus "Lockup", we're talking nothing less than what MSNBC is.