[Magdalen] As long as we're confessing stuff...

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sat Apr 22 20:05:37 UTC 2017

... I'm struggling with depression.  It's long been my bugbear, but it's pretty bad right now.  I started radiation last Tuesday, and I think I'm starting to have radiation fatigue piled on top of the pre-existing chemo fatigue.  As radiation fatigue is cumulative and I've got another 26 doses to go, this is scary: am I going to be able to manage?  Also, it's been a long, slow, cold and rainy spring. And I've been ill since November, when I had my mastectomy.

When I express worry about my long-term prospects, people keep telling me to buck up and expect the best.  This is not helpful in depression.

There.  Said it.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain