[Magdalen] As long as we're confessing stuff...

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sat Apr 22 22:43:07 UTC 2017

I think people believe that I need reassurance that I'm going to survive this bout with cancer, and I believe that too.  But I'm also nudging 68, and I'm aware that I'm on the downslope of life, although the timing and rate of descent are TBD.  As you age, some doors necessarily close, and right now I'm struggling with the knowledge of my own mortality, and also with very real and present worries about getting through the rest of radiation without becoming disabled by fatigue.  As it stands, I have trouble getting up the basement stairs, and the basement is where the washer and dryer are.  That sort of thing. So being told heartily that "my cousin had breast cancer when she was in her forties and twenty years later, she's fine" is not especially useful.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain