[Magdalen] As long as we're confessing stuff...

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Apr 22 23:43:57 UTC 2017

Molly, what Ginga & Louise say.  And do pay attention to adequate sleep,
nutrition, and rest.  And ask for help!  Yes, with the laundry and meals.
Does your church have a "meals and chores" group?  Do you qualify for some
kind of "Senior Assistance" (sorry) with meals and chores?  Do get all the
help you can, as part of the treating yourself with exquisite care.
Sometimes that's the hard lesson of getting old or just being sick --
learning to ask for adequate help.  That kind of humility can be so hard
for us strong, independent women.

I remember when I had a MUCH more minor thing -- when I took the drugs that
forced my bones to release stem cells for my brother all those many years
ago.  I'm convinced that that physical process (as well as the grief when
he died, of course) contributed to the first and only (so far) clinical
depression I've ever experienced.  When I felt it, I knew that it was
qualititatively different from all that dysthymia I had experienced in my
wild, crazy youth.  Have you seen a shrink, preferably one with experience
with cancer patients (s/he'd know how much the chemo and radiation
contribute, and perhaps which meds could work best with those treatments)?
Of course, I wish I could do or say something that would help "fix you."
It's hard for friends to feel so helpless in the face of your conditions.

I do hope it helps a little to know you're loved and prayed for here in the
pub.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>