[Magdalen] As long as we're confessing stuff...

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 20:03:59 UTC 2017

I think you would be doing yourself a kindness if you saw a psychiatrist
about possibly getting medication. I have been battling a low level
depression for decades, generally handling it with counseling, but recently
I fired my former psychiatrist and went to a local clinic where my really
fine GP works, and I was seen by a very gentle and caring NP who suggested
Prozac. I have been taking it for about a month, and I have to say it has
lifted a cloud from my general sensorium.

In your case, you probably ought to get someone who can prescribe on the
basis of your symptoms and your chemo. I suspect that chemo is difficult
for most people. You would be unusual if you did not feel some negative
emotions with that all going on, and so much important stuff in your life
out of control.

Were I a bit further north I'd give you a real hug. Words fail.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford