[Magdalen] speaking of capital campaigns

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 17:38:32 UTC 2017

We were having small group meetings, planning & discussing.

I have a little experience with fundraising (both for the church and for
non-profits), but am certainly not a "fundraiser."

Anywho, I wondered aloud if we might suggest the amount of the annual
pledge as a yardstick for the capital campaign contribution. And people
looked astonished. Not really sure why. I do know that a couple of the
people who looked surprised have teeny tiny pledges, and maybe that was
part of what drove their response. Bewildering.
-M