[Magdalen] More weather

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 03:34:16 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tornadoes across N TX already with swath of destruction and major
> thunderstorms through Houston after midnight with possible hail.
> Creamy temps here also.
>
> ​More thunderstorms through 2 AM here; though it's not as severe as
earlier.​

> On Apr 29, 2017, at 9:43 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
> magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
>

> In a message dated 4/29/2017 6:12:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:
>
> We've  had 4-5 " of rain this  afternoon.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> The warm weather continues here in NE Pennsylvania,
> but it is due to be over next week.  Meanwhile we had a
> sharp thunderstorm last night with heavy rain.  There's more
> rain coming via the same weather front that Dan refers to
> before it cools down.

​We have more tomorrow too, then a couple of days respite before it begins
again.​

​Hoping I can get some more​ of the garden in (and that what's already
there doesn't drown). There is a bunch of flooding in town, downtown may
have had some damage and there was a report that the levee on Lake Harrison
(really a wide spot on crooked creek) might fail which would put a bunch of
water downtown. The church is about 6 blocks east of where the flooding
was; I think it's enough higher there should not be a problem.

> Meanwhile, there is a riot of spring flowering with the various
> Asian magnolias and early little leaf rhododendrons leading the
> way.  This year we have a striking juxtaposition of a large
> wild flowering dogwood with a large redbud on one side of
> the driveway entrance, and a 30'  Asian Lily-flowered magnolia
> on the other.

​It's been fairly nice here up to now. Love the colors of spring.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted