[Magdalen] Spring flowers and weather.

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 12:08:51 UTC 2017

  Some of my daffodils are blooming, neighbourhood Forsythia blooming
brightly,  little Dutchman's Breeches is out as is Hepatica.  Hellebore,
too.  Tulips are well up, but only the species on the sunny side of the
shed are in cheery bloom.   There was a tough old Bleeding Heart growing
out of the foundation near my front door; it had to be removed for my
'dance floor' parking pad.  I could only save the first maybe 18" of the
root and I stuick it in a shallow trench in the lee of my garden shed
without much hope.  But, lo! it broke through the other day.  Yay!

Rainy today, but good for newly planted perennials, lots of them.  I had
a two-hour session at a now-distant, but favoured, garden centre --
expensive, but satisfying.  Prerty well everthing came through the
winter so I am adding to and fleshing out the collection.  Happiness is
....   It's a welcome distraction from a thorny church situation that we
Wardens must resolve in a couple of days..  The outcome will be great or
a f-----g disaster.

Marion, a pilgrim