[Magdalen] Bethlehem Chooses.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 16:14:03 UTC 2017

In a message dated 8/10/2017 11:37:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

The reports at the time certainly indicate something unusual,  perhaps more
akin to a push than to a  jump.
Roger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You're correct.  There were some administrative irregularities, the  likes
of
which I'll leave to your guessing.  This was on top of a near complete
failure
of the pastor pastorem model.  The latter was, of course,  acutely
felt by the diocesan clergy, and indirectly by the laity.

In the end, ++Katherine had to step in and seal the departure via the
canons of TEC.

I really didn't understand any of these circumstances at all until it  was
all over, and some of the details made public.  I considered the
departing +Bethlehem to be one of the brightest clergy I've ever
encountered.  I still have his take on various questions I put to  him
during his tenure as Bishop.

He was only 66 when he resigned "secondary to advanced age."

David S.